- Full address
- Email address
- Arrival and departure day (if possible, also time)
- Choice of excursion (see below)
- Single/double room (name of room mate)
18 maj 2008
We have managed to have three fantastic, professional speakers, who all have a relation to stuttering:
- Gathering in the city at the 'Paddan' boats. (Map on Paddan's website). If you don't want to go to the hotel first, you can leave your luggage at the train station lockers.
13.00 Sightseeing boat tour with ‘Paddan’ (Be in time. The boat will be.)
- To the hotel, check in
- 15.00 Coffee
- 15.30 Opening
- 16.00-18.00 Paul van der Vliet (see workshops)
- 18.00 Time for relaxation and get to know each other
- 19.00 Swedish 'smörgåsbord'
- 21.00 How to dance ‘bugg’ (Swedish dance) and Social activities Do show us your local dance!
- 09.00-12.00 Ulf von Corswant (see workshops)
- 10.15-10.45 Coffee
- 12.00 Lunch
- 13.00 Excursions (state what excursion you want to join at registration):
1) Gunnebo castle
3) free time in the city
- 18.00 ELSA Annual Meeting and Nordic chair meeting at the hotel
- 18.00 QiGong
- 20.00 Dinner
- Dancing, with games and fun activities by the attendees (please bring your games, songs and other fun activities and tell us before dinner, so that we can plan the evening)
- 09.00-12.00 Kjell Albin Abrahamsson (see workshops)
- 10.15-10.45 Coffee
- 12.00 ”Open mike” and closing
- 13.00 Lunch
Please check this site regularly for the latest information.
Note: Special activities and registration fees for young people and children when enough attendants, so do state your age when you're under 19.
You can fly to Gothenburg Landvetter, GOT or Gothenburg City Airport, GSE.
Checked 13 Feb:
Fri 22nd Aug 09:20 - 12:20
Mon 25th Aug 16:35 - 17:40
Plus another flight later in the day.
£113 all inc.
Ryanair Stanstead - GOT
Three flights a day, currently costing £51 return all inc!! One flight option is as below....
07:00 - 09:55
15:30 - 16:20
City Airline Birmingham - GOT
09:00 - 11:50
£221 all inc.
Manchester - GOT
08:55 - 11:45
Two flights a day, the above one is a good time
For airport buses and trains: see link section on the left
In 2008 it’s Sweden’s turn to organize the annual Nordic Stuttering Seminar. The theme is “See and be” or “Be seen and heard”. To get the help, understanding and attention we need and to combat the myths and lack of knowledge about stuttering we have to show we exist. And that’s not so easy in today’s society, where so many call for attention.
The Nordic seminar is open not only to delegates from Nordic countries, but also to those from the Baltics and other non-Scandinavian countries. The main language will be in Swedish, but we can try to organize translation if we know your language in time. The seminar is for those of you who stutter, are relatives, work with stuttering, or are interested in stuttering for other reason.
We need to learn more about how the media works, how we ourselves can become better speakers to make people listen, and how we can increase our membership to become a stronger voice.
There will be a mixture of workshops on media, presentation techniques, and theatre/body language, but also creative activities such as dancing, games and outdoor activities. The seminar will also have a Swedish theme, with historical outings and a Swedish “smorgasbord”!
We also plan activities for young people and children, with special workshops, outings etc. If you’re under 20 years old there is a reduced registration fee, so please state your age if you’re under 20.
Seminar fee, incl. food, accommodation and outings:
2000 SEK for adults,
1500 SEK for young people 13-19 and
1000 SEK for children under 13.
- Registration after 15 June is non refundable and subject to availability
- Please coordinate your payments to avoid bank transferral costs
Gothenburg and its surroundings have a lot to offer, so grasp the opportunity to see this cultural city and the beautiful West Coast and don’t forget to buy a Gothenburg package with lots of special offers on accommodation, sightseeing, shopping etc if you would like to extend your stay.
Do check this website at regular intervals for updated information.
See you in Gothenburg!
Anita S. Blom
Chair Swedish Stuttering Association
Kjell Albin is a person who stutters and will talk about his life and profession while carrying his stutter with him. He will also talk about how to catch the media attention.
More about Paul van der Vliet: http://www.speechtracker.net/en/start.htm
Speaking tips: http://www.toastmasters.se/speakingtips.htm